Updated April 5, 2016 10:10:00
The Panama Papers: Secrets of the Super Rich - Monday 4 April 2016
It's the shadowy world of secret international finance and tax avoidance.
"What we're looking at here is really a parallel universe."
This Four Corners investigation will reveal how the rich and powerful exploit the system.
"What this really says is a lot about the system itself and how broke the system is and how crazy the whole thing is."
Our reporter Marian Wilkinson follows the money trail and it's worth trillions of dollars.
"I was on their immigration stop list. But we've gotten in." Marian Wilkinson, Reporter
The Panama Papers: Secrets of the Super Rich, reported by Marian Wilkinson and presented by Sarah Ferguson, goes to air on Monday 4th April at 8.30pm EST.
It is replayed on Tuesday 5th April at 10.00am and Wednesday 6th at 11pm. It can also be seen on ABC News 24
on Saturday at 8.00pm, ABC iview
and at abc.net.au/4corners
Mossack Fonseca Statement
- Mossack Fonseca would not respond to individual questions citing client confidentiality but released this general statement to international journalists, but instead presented us with this statement. [pdf]
- Wilson Security's response to questions on the structure of its offshore holding company, dated 29 March 2016. [pdf]
BHP Billiton Statement
- BHP Billiton statement following questions on the use of their British Virgin Islands entities, dated 30 March 2016. [pdf]
Department of Defence
- Response to questions on their hiring of Wilson Security and probity checks undertaken for major tenders, March 2016. [pdf]
Department of Finance
- Response to questions on whether corruption charges would influence the awarding of a government tender, 23 March 2016. [pdf]
THE PANAMA PAPERS NEWS COVERAGE
INTERACTIVE: The Power Players
| ICIJ | 4 Apr 2016 - This interactive produced by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) explores the stories behind the use of offshore companies of politicians and their relatives and associates. - https://projects.icij.org/panama-papers/power-players/